We create timeless buildings in urban environments. Founded in 1993, W. Scott Clark and Brenda Barnes built CLARK | BARNES as a firm with a quiet confidence, experienced in various building types, innovative site strategies, and integrating new construction with the historic fabric.
We have a passion for designing community-centric and thoughtful places that link the past and future. CLARK | BARNES values developing long-term relationships with our clients, through which we believe the best design solutions are achieved.
Over the past 17 years, our firm has successfully rehabilitated 10 buildings, that represent almost $124 million dollars in total construction project costs including five buildings located within the Pioneer Square-Skid Road National Register Historic District, three buildings located in the Seattle Chinatown Historic District/International District, one building located in the Sand Point/Naval Air Station Seattle historic district, and one building individually listed in the National Register of Historic Places.
CLARK | BARNES has received many notable awards for our Historic projects including:
- 2017 NAIOP Redevelopment/Renovation of the Year – The Publix
- 2017 Historic Seattle Best Rehabilitation Award – The Publix
- 2017 Washington State Historic Preservation Officer (SHPO) Award for Outstanding Rehabilitation – The Publix
- 2014 NAIOP Historic Renovation of the Year – Addison on Fourth
- 2011 NAIOP Hospitality Development of the Year – Alaska Building
Categories: Architects, Interiors - Design, Preservation Consultants – Research, Documentation, Survey, & Nominations, Preservation Consultants – Regulatory Compliance