Celebrating exceptional entrepreneurs, organizers, and preservationists in Washington State!
ATTEND THE AWARDS
The Excellence On Main Awards Reception will take place virtually this year. We anticipate reaching max capacity on the Zoom event, but will also be streaming live on the Washington Main Street Facebook page.
Monday, July 20, 2020 | 4:00 p.m.
SUBMIT A NOMINATION
DEADLINE: February 5, 2020
The Excellence On Main Awards are open to Washington Main Street network members, including Main Street Communities and Affiliates.
PROJECT TIME FRAME:
If applicable, projects must have been completed between January 2018 and January 2020.
For detailed descriptions of each category, please visit our award categories page.
- Organizational Excellence
- Community Partnership
- Outstanding Promotional Event
- Brick & Mortar Rehabilitation
- Sustainable Future
- Entrepreneur of the Year
- Economic Vitality
- Outstanding Special Project
- Leadership on Main Award
- Standout Volunteer (non-competitive)
SUBMITTING A NOMINATION:
- Nominations will be made using an online form (link below).
- You may begin a nomination form and come back to it later, using the “save and continue later” function.
- High resolution images are required for all submissions. Please limit the number of images to ten (10) and submit them digitally with brief corresponding descriptions and photo credits. Please feel free to include images of pamphlets, promotional materials, or newspaper articles if appropriate.
QUESTIONS? Contact Breanne Durham via email or phone at 206-624-9449.
REVIEW PROCESS & OTHER DETAILS
The jury will consist of a panel of downtown revitalization professionals, community and economic development professionals, and historic preservation professionals actively engaged in the field. The following criteria will be used in ranking the nominations (where applicable):
- Impact on the downtown/neighborhood district or organization
- Effectiveness and Sustainability—will the project have long-term effects?
- Extent to which the project capitalizes on the unique assets of the local community
- Local Involvement—the extent to which groups, organizations, and individuals worked together to achieve the successful outcome
- Innovation—creative and unique way to address the needs of the district or organization
Will be announced April 7, 2020 at the Excellence on Main Awards Reception held during the RevitalizeWA conference in Wenatchee.
Please note: Due to time constraints, award winners will not be asked to speak at the ceremony. Winners will have the opportunity to submit a statement of thanks (150 word maximum) that will be featured on the Trust’s website. Award winners will also be recognized in the Trust’s newsletter.
- Digital images submitted with your entries become the property of the Washington State Main Street Program and may be used for future presentations and publications.
- A video clip of up to 3 minutes in length may be submitted in addition to the required materials when it is necessary to show the full scope (or ambiance) of the project. Videos submitted with your entries become the property of the Washington State Main Street Program and may be used for future presentations.
- Each project or activity may only be nominated in one category.
- Projects or activities receiving awards in previous years are not eligible unless there have been substantial changes or additions made during the nomination time frame.
- Entries and supporting materials will not be returned.
- The jury reserves the right to eliminate categories if a reasonable number of worthy nominations have not been submitted in a given category.
- The jury also reserves the right to reassign nominations to alternate categories if appropriate.
- For purposes of this award, “downtown” is defined as the traditional, compact, pedestrian-oriented central commercial district of a community. Neighborhood commercial districts are also eligible to apply.