William O. McKay Ford

Status: SAVED!

Year Listed: 2005

Sited at the busy intersection of Westlake Avenue and Mercer Street, several buildings make up this historic car
dealership. Built in 1922, the two-story terra cotta structure at the center of the block initially housed William O. McKay’s Ford auto sales and garage business. In 1925, the more ornate, one-story, terra cotta showroom building at the corner was built for McKay’s Lincoln sales and service. The richness and detail of the terra cotta ornament found in the 1925 building make this structure one of Seattle’s finest examples of terra cotta cladding