Camp Yeomalt WPA Log Cabin

Status: Still Standing

Year Listed: 2005

The Works Progress Administration (WPA) constructed this log cabin in 1935 as a federal relief project. In 1938, the local Boy Scouts of America chapter purchased the cabin and for the next 50 years operated it as Camp Hopkins. It also served as a recreation hall for soldiers during World War II. In 1987, the Bainbridge Island Parks & Recreation District acquired the property, which became known as Camp Yeomalt. Currently, the original log cabin is closed to the public due to its deteriorated condition.