Status: Still Standing
Year Listed: 2005
Camp Waskowitz, home of Highline School District’s nationally recognized environmental education program, is the oldest outdoor school program in the country. In 1935, the Civilian Conservation Corps (CCC) constructed the facility to serve as its base camp for Forest Service projects in the Snoqualmie Valley area. Out of more than 4,000 “temporary” CCC camps built nationwide, it is one of the few remaining that retains its original design integrity and “rustic utilitarian” feel.