Nomination Process & Criteria
How to Nominate
The nomination period for the 2015 Most Endangered Properties List has closed. You can see the list of 2015 selected properties here. Nominations for next year's list will be accepted beginning in the fall of 2015. Please concact Jennifer Mortensen at email@example.com if you have any questions.
- Submit the completed nomination form and accompanying digital images via email to: firstname.lastname@example.org.
- If you do not have email access, please mail a disk with a digital copy of all materials to the address below.
- If you cannot send an electronic version via email or disk, please mail one printed copy of the completed nomination form and photos to:
||Washington Trust for Historic Preservation
Most Endangered Historic Properties Program
1204 Minor Avenue
Seattle, WA 98101
- Completed nominations must be received electronically or postmarked by Monday, January 12, 2015.
- If you are interested in nominating a resource, we strongly encourage you to contact Cathy Wickwire, our Operations Manager. She can be reached at 206-624-9449 or email@example.com.
- Properties selected for the Most Endangered Historic Properties List will receive the Trust’s assistance in developing support to remove the threat. The 2015 list will be announced at our RevitalizeWA Preservation and Main Street Conference in May 2015.
- There must be a degree of endangerment by owner neglect, proposed demolition, rezoning, or redevelopment, and/or other human or environmental factors.
- The property must be listed on or eligible for listing on the National Register of Historic Places, the Washington Heritage Register, or a local register.
- There must be evidence of local support (or the clear potential for building local support) for preservation of the property.
- A separate application form must be submitted for each nominated property.
- Selections will be made based on their significance as determined by the Washington Trust for Historic Preservation and not solely on the degree of endangerment.