Nomination Process & Criteria
How to Nominate
The submission period for nominations to the 2014 Most Endangered Properties List is now closed. Nomination forms for next year's list will be available at the end of this year and due in January 2015. If you have any questions, please email us at email@example.com.
- Submit the completed nomination form and accompanying digital images via email to: firstname.lastname@example.org.
- If you do not have email access, please mail a disk with a digital copy of all materials to the address below.
- If you cannot send an electronic version via email or disk, please mail one printed copy of the completed nomination form and photos to:
||Washington Trust for Historic Preservation
Most Endangered Historic Properties Program
1204 Minor Avenue
Seattle, WA 98101
- Completed nominations must be received electronically or postmarked by Monday, January 13, 2014.
- If you are interested in nominating a resource, we strongly encourage you to contact Cathy Wickwire, our Operations Manager. She can be reached at 206-624-9449 or email@example.com.
- Properties selected for the Most Endangered Historic Properties List will receive the Trust’s assistance in developing support to remove the threat. The 2014 list will be announced at our RevitalizeWA Preservation and Main Street Conference in May 2014.
- There must be a degree of endangerment by owner neglect, proposed demolition, rezoning, or redevelopment, and/or other human or environmental factors.
- The property must be listed on or eligible for listing on the National Register of Historic Places, the Washington Heritage Register, or a local register.
- There must be evidence of local support (or the clear potential for building local support) for preservation of the property.
- A separate application form must be submitted for each nominated property.
- Selections will be made based on their significance as determined by the Washington Trust for Historic Preservation and not solely on the degree of endangerment.